Tuesday 10 April 2012

Evaluation - Question 2


How effective is the combination of your media product and ancillary tasks?
I think the combination of my main product and ancillary task work well together, as they both convey the specified genre of horror. I made sure there was a consistency between my trailer, poster and magazine, which I achieved through displaying the film name ‘Obsession’ clearly and using dark colours, to tie in with the dark and eerie tone of the film. By doing this, it meant that my target audience can easily identify with the products. I chose a font that not only was clear to read and understand, but was still relevant to the horror genre.
For my poster I chose to use the silhouette of the stalker, which can be identified in a scene from the trailer. By doing this both products are both automatically linked with each other. However by using a picture of the stalker instead of the main protagonist shows the dominance and control he has throughout the trailer as well as making it clear for people to identify it as a horror poster.
For my magazine I again used an image of the stalker. This meant continuity is running through both my ancillary tasks and my main product. I stuck with much the same colour scheme as I did for my poster, but played around with the tones. I feel from using these colours people can associate them with the horror genre, especially with the red and it's connotations with fear, blood and danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment